Tuesday 19 August 2008

The Kitchen Gate and Toast

On Saturday we went through to the town center to go and buy a gate for the kitchen because James keeps thinking that the kitchen is a play area and keeps crawling there. We also went to H&M and I think that my heart stopped there. Gareth and James had left to go down the elevator while I waited for Gaelyn and then was going to meet them downstairs. But a minute or two after they left the fire alarm went off, and by the look on the staff's faces you could tell that it was not a drill. I rushed towards where the elevator was, but they weren't there, so I went downstairs, and the elevator came down, but they weren't there and they weren't outside the store. Gareth and my baby were missing. I ran across to M&S, as we were meant to go there next, but they weren't there either. By this point I was panicking. Then I spotted them outside H&M, and I ran up to them and burst out crying. As it turnsout Gareth had turned around to looked for me before the alarm went off. And the reason the alarm went off was that a customer had accidently pushed a rack and that had pushed the fire alarm. Oh well, now they have to go everywhere with me in the shops.... at least until I am over this incident. On the bus trip home Gareth felt James' gum and dum, dum, dum.... we have a tooth. I know that we thought that there was a tooth at 2 months old, but that just became a stump, it never grew. This is his first proper tooth, on the front bottom gum. So, yesterday as a snack I made him toast with cheese spread that he loved.

Standing at the gate at the kitchen

Eating our toast

Oh, and today is day 21. It does not look like we are getting the Chicken Pox this time round.

No comments: