Sunday 17 August 2008

Dear My Fellow Nesties

I am really trying to get onto the board, but the stupid Nest keeps kicking me to the home page and won't let me do anything else, but stare at the homepage. Are any of you experiencing this horrible error? I have a new post that I am curious about.

Abby, if you do read this, its about reuseable nappies. We are looking at using them from now on seen as James' is now finally 16lbs and won't need to change sizes as often, but we are looking for recommendations, are there any to avoid, and what are the hidden costs? Also, liners, do you use reuseable ones? or disposable? Can all the nappies use reuseable liners? Where do you get them from, etc?

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! The Nest and its new format!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's doing the same thing to me and it's driving me NUTS!

Here is a good site with a lot of information on it :
http://www.diaperjungle.com/cloth-diaper-guide.html

I suppose hidden costs could be a drying rack to hang wet diapers on, higher water costs (although we've not experienced this) and you'll go through more washing powder, but again, we've not found it to be noticeable.

Ours came with washable liners and paper ones you can throw away and I tried the paper ones and found them to be more of a hassle, so we just use the washable ones.

You can get them all over. Online, just google "cloth nappy", or if you want to see some in person, John Lewis and Mothercare stock them.

I've not tried all of the brands by any means, but of the ones I've tried, they all seemed to work well.

Hope that answered your questions and James is feeling better! x

Anonymous said...

Ugh, it was happening to me as well. Very annoying.

Lorry said...

same thing for me too