Sunday 29 June 2008

Controlled Crying Sucks!

Yes, I have said it, Controlled Crying Sucks! We have stopped it. After 5 nights of terrible crying, both James and I getting physically ill from it, we have decided that it does not work for us. Maybe for other people, but not for this Rose Family. So now I am trying Good Night Milk and Aromatherapy....... I have started giving James special, thicker formula milk in hope of keeping his belly fuller for longer. I am still breastfeeding him, it just means that he now gets a bottle before going to bed. I have put a teddy in his cot as a comforter and on this teddy bear I put some lavender and chamomile oils. Now I just need to see if this is going to take effect. Since doing the controlled crying James has become scared of his cot, so we have to try and make it his happy place again. I will accept any suggestions on getting him happy in his cot and/or making him sleep longer.... please help!

His weaning is going really well, he had toast and scrambled egg with cheese today..... yay!!! Food is becoming so much easier for him......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the teddy bear new? Because I'm not sure how well placing the essential oils on the bear and then placing it in his cot will do if you think he's now afraid of his cot. Maybe you could try placing the bear near you when you're breastfeeding him, a time he feels safe and close, so he associates the smell with those feelings, and then move the bear into the crib? I don't know! Just a suggestion! Good Luck!

Jelena and Mark said...

I am sorry you and James are going through this. And I must say I feel your pain, Una went through lots of phases sleep wise, from a perfect sleeper at 3months (8pm-6am, no wakings) through waking 6-7 times a night at 5-6 months then waking once at 9-10 months and now at 12 months after this last holiday waking every.two.hours.
Perhaps you could look at the book "No Cry Sleep Solution", it gives a number of things you could do to gently improve your baby's sleep. Good luck!