Monday 16 November 2009

Update

So our computer has still crashed and I have about 100 photo's on my camera to load. We are using my SIL's computer for now until we buy a new one. So here is an update of everything that we have done since I last posted.

In October we went to Butlins in Skegness. It was lovely. I was a little worried before we went that it was going to be very Chavvy (yes, I am a snob), as the price was really good, but here is my review of Butlins:
Butlins is great if you have kids - the entertainment consists of Bob the Builder, Barney, etc. But the swimming pools and funfair was a lot of fun. The food was ok, it was kind of like eating in a Tesco's Cafe every night, except that there was more choice and maybe slightly better quality. But for £153 for accomodation, entertainment, breakfast and dinner from Monday to Friday for all 3 of us, I really can't complain. We never took as many photo's as I would have liked, but that is because we were too busy having fun. James was sleeping like an Angel and hardly had a tantrum, there was just too much to do. There were Chav's (and Chav children that don't know about taking turns), and there were people there that could be Chav's, but have not allowed themselves to sink that low, and then there were 'normal' people. I did not feel like the place was over run. We had very basic accomodation, just a room and a bathroom, and the bed was very uncomfortable, but we never really expected much. We will consider Butlins for a holiday again, but next time we will upgrade our accomodation.

On our way back we stayed with Gareth's aunt in Liverpool and then on our way back to Bournemouth we stopped at the Land of Lost Content in Cravens Arm in Shropshire for lunch. The food was well priced, but huge and delicious. The museum however, was scary. It was cluttered and full of (crap) contents. And it had scary dolls whose eyes followed you every where, but then we did have lunch with Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe and Michael Jackson all under a Disco ball.

Since we are back I have taken James to both the theatre and to the cinema and he sat through both shows.

We went to the Bournemouth Pier Theatre to watch Chris and Pui from Show Me Show Me, the show was almost 2 hours long, including a 20 minute interval and James sat through the whole show and clapped his hands and sang and danced. It was definately well worth the £6.50 we had to pay.

Yesterday I took James to watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua at the cinema. He loved it. He watched the entire movie. We took advantage of the Odeon Kids movie Club which means we paid £2.50 for both of us to go. Although James did have to sit on my lap at both the theatre and the cinema as they have the pop up seats and James is too light to keep the seats down.

And now I have to run because Gareth is home to study so James and I have to stay out of the house.

2 comments:

Jelena and Mark said...

Sounds like a busy month for you guys, glad you had fun!

I am impressed that James sat still for 2 hours for a show!

Abby said...

I can't believe you got to see Chris and Pui! Milo loves Penelope!