Wednesday 25 November 2009

Finding The One.....

For Christmas this year Gareth is buying me a Winter coat as I have been living in the UK now for 2.5 years and still do not own a winter coat. I needed to know what sort of coat to look for, seen as all the jackets I have been trying on have all made me look like a giant marshmallow. So, I turned to Gok Wan for some advise. And this is the advise that he gave me (well, at least his website did):

Don’t create unnecessary bulk with your coat, and make sure it fits perfectly. Snug fits will show off your figure and make you seem slimmer. Keep the shape simple: A-line that is either mid-thigh or knee-length will look great as it covers your bum and slices those thighs in half.
Avoid obvious pockets on the chest or hips as these will add bulk, and you want single-breasted to slim down that torso. Make sure it fits perfectly on your shoulders, and leave the neckline open to reveal a little chest. It’ll stop you looking top-heavy.
Top Tip: Avoid large shapeless coats; they’ll make you look large and shapeless too. Double-breasted is also very unflattering on a larger-breasted lady.

So this is what I found:

I think it meets all the necessary requirements (although I must admit that I have no idea what double breasted/single breasted means - in terms of a coat that is).

What do you think?

1 comment:

Vegemite Wife said...

Perfect choice - definitely meet the requirements!