Thursday 19 November 2009

Gloop

This morning James and I had some messy play and we played with some Cornflour Gloop. It was lots of fun and wonderful to see my little boy who does not like getting his hands dirty getting really messy and having the gloop run threw his fingers while he was giggling.

To make the gloop you need to mix 2 parts cornflour with 1 part water, and thats it. It goes runny and hard at the same time. Sometimes its smooth and sometimes its velvety. I did keep changing the quantity of the water and the cornflour so sometimes it was runny and sometimes it was harder.

If you do want to do this at home make sure you do it on a hard floor and not carpet. I cut open a black bag and put it on the floor then we sat on the black bag and played. James had a big plastic scoop and a second bowl. So, we were sticking our hands in the gloop and transfering the gloop to another container. For cleaning up purposes, it is easier if you let the gloop dry if it does splatter onto the floor as it will go hard and then when you scrape it, it will go powdery. You you try and clean it up while it is still wet it is likely to spread and leave marks.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like fun! Where did you find cornflower? I feel like I've looked for it before and been out of luck.

Janine said...

I bought it at Asda, I think its in the baking section. Here is the online link so you can see what the box looks like:
http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=cornflour&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=144025