Monday 31 March 2008

We went to the park today and I took James on the slide. He absolutely loved it, he had the biggest gummy smiles ever, I think my son is an Adrenline junkie..... takes after his father. We also went to the baby clinic and he has picked up 7 ounces in 2 weeks, so he now weighs 12lbs 9oz. His weight has slowed down alot and he has dropped below the 25th centile, but his height is still on the 91st centile. Now normally I would be worried, but I am not. Reason One: He is responsive, happy and produces lots of heavy wet nappies. Reason Two: Those charts were designed for formula fed babies, who pick up weight a lot faster, and James is breastfed exclusively. Reason Three: The health visitor that sees him every week is not worried. And Reason Four: Gareth is tall and thin - he weighs only about 70kg and 6ft1. The health visitor has asked us to go and see a doctor about James because of his excema, it seems to be getting worse, so she first wants to see if the GP can help, if not then she is going to refer us to someone. She says that if his excema is undre control then he will be a happier baby and sleep more. I don't think that James can be a happier baby, he smiles and laughs a lot, and also don't think he can sleep much more, I mean last night he slept from 9pm until 7am this morning. I am very happy with that.

A few weeks ago a friend gave me a 2 tier steamer. James will be weaning in the next few months and I will prefer to steam his food before pureeing it - yes, I plan on making his food myself. But, before then I am making food for Gareth and I in it. But I am running out of ideas. All that I have made is steamed carrots, spinach, brocolli and cauliflower. I need some ideas on what else to make, if you have any, please tell me in my comments. I have never used a steamer before now, so I am still very new at this.

I am now going to bed, but before that I am going to say a quick prayer that Robert Mugabe does not win the Zimbabwe elections. Night night all.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

G's parents gave me a 2 tier steamer for my bday - we use it just about every night. We do mielies, potatoes, all sorts of veg, rice etc in it. G's made chicken in it, but it's so bland, i dont recommend it at all.
that's all i can think of now - it's my fav kitchen toy! that an my wok - can't do without them!!
XX rene

andrea said...

9 to 7? I am so jealous :)