Thursday 27 March 2008

Thank you Barney!!!!


Yes, I mean Thank You to Barney The Big Purple Dinosaur. When James was younger and I needed to get him to settle I started to sing to him, except that I could never remember the words to any songs, except of course

"I love you

You love me

We're a happy family

With a great big hug and kiss from me to you

Won't you say you love me too"

I, now sing this song about 20 - 30 times a day, why? Well, it works like a magic trick to send James off to sleep. I put him in my arms, rock him and stick a dummy in his mouth (although he usually spits it out), and sing this silly little song, and almost everytime he goes to sleep..... although I do have to keep singing it over and over and over.......


This morning we went to the library to our first session of "Wriggle and Rhyme", it was lots of fun, we sit in a big circle and sing action songs with our babies (James was even a bowl of jelly...lol). James got given a little tamborine to hold, and he did really well, he held it for a few minutes and then took it to his mouth to eat, of course. We then went for coffee with the other mom's, I love doing that because we all seem to understand each other. The things that other people might find silly to moan about, they totally understand because we all going through the same things. In my new group of friends there really are lots of cultures, Allison is from Canada, Sophia is from Sweden, Joanne is from Poland and most of the others are British. We are now at home, James has just gone down for a nap, and I am going to clean the house as soon as I am finished here, but then I am not sure what we are going to do because James and I are alone all day and night because Gareth is going out with some work friends to a comedy evening. I think we will just cuddle and cuddle some more......


I was really happy yesterday because a friend told me that James has my eyes, I just hide my eyes behind my glasses and thats why people don't notice it. I had been complaining that James only looks like his dad and Grandpa Rose, not me. I am glad that he has my eyes, I really wanted him to have them as I have always been complimented on them. But I am really glad to hear that he has my eyes after Gareth's sister told me that he has Droopy, uneven eyes, but then she also told me that he has big ears and got excited when I told her that he has excema, so you can imagine how much I like her........


I just reread what I have written and have realised that I use the word because way too much.... Oh, well........ thats me I guess. I overuse the word "because" and the term "do you know what I mean?"


Does he look like he has Uneven, droopy Eyes? Or odd ears?

No comments: