Tuesday 8 June 2010

It's puzzling

I decided that I would try and make dinner early tonight so that we can all eat together (this has not happened for about the last week) so while I was in the kitchen making some pasta dish for tonight James decided to stay in the lounge. I left him with no TV and what I cam back to surprised. I was very impressed with my son. We have some puzzles that we leave on a shelf at his height, and normally he drives me mad with them because he pours all the pieces together and then I need to sort out the puzzles. There are about 5 puzzles and the smallest one has 20 pieces. They are all 3+ or 4+ (years not months. So when I walked into the lounge and I found this -

I was pleasantly surprised. My 2.5 year old son had done the fire truck 20 piece puzzle all by himself. There was no one here to help him. I am impressed.

So, we got a more difficult one. Its like a road map the next one, and I did give him some guidance, but he managed to do most of it by himself

Does this piece fit here?

Mmmm, where is that missing piece?
So now, while I have been blogging this James has started on the next puzzle, its a 4 year + puzzle with 24 quite small pieces, and he is already a third of the way through.

1 comment:

andrea said...

Go James! We are big puzzle people and Finn loves doing them. James is doing so well!