Friday 8 January 2010

Mission Abort, Mission Abort

James was doing so well, he even asked to use the potty when he needed to wee on day 3, but I have decided to stop and wait for the summer time for 2 reasons. Number one - his eczema has flared up terribly. Its all raw and has spread to his bum. And no, its not just from the wee going down his legs when he wee's in his pants. It is on the outside of his legs as well. My Mother In Law thinks that he might be reacting to the carpet, as he was not wearing any trousers, and I think she may be right. Reason two - my house was starting to smell damp. Where James managed to get wee on the carpet I was scrubbing with water and disinfectant, but this stays damp for a while and with it being -5C outside it is difficult to open the windows, especially if your son is only wearing tops and undies. So, summer time it is, but we are still offering him the option of going to the potty.

No comments: