Monday 11 January 2010

Change

I do not believe in New Years Resolutions, I have tried them and I never stick to them, but I do believe in change,especially if it is for the better. And I have been thinking of ways that I would like to change our lives, how could I improve them? And these are the small changes that I wan to make:

Household-
1) Instead of using harsh chemical products, I want to start using green, friendlier homemade products. i.e. use bicarbonate of soda, lemon and vinegar more, leave flat Coca Cola in my toilet for 1.5 hours to get rid of limescale, make a solution of 450ml water, 55ml white vinegar,1/4 teaspoon tea tree oil and 1/4 teaspoon lavender - use wherever a disinfectant spray is needed, etc.
2) Clean the kitchen before I go to bed at night. Its so much nicer to wake up to a clean kitchen than leaving the dishes for the next day while James has his nap.
3) Start reusing my shopping bags
4) Start doing the washing during the week and not leaving it for Gareth to do on weekends
5) Start making more of our foods. I already cook almost all our foods from scratch, and I make all our bread, but I also want to start making things like our tomato sauce and jams from scratch. I will evenually also get a pasta maker and start making all our pasta's from scratch too.

Personal-
6) Eat breakfast everyday
7) Only eat a chocolate once every two weeks
8) Only spend an hour a day on the internet (thanks Abby)
9) Take my vitamin everyday

James -
10) Have an actual activity planned for everyday
11) Have a new word a day for him to learn
12) Go to the play groups so that he can interact with other children more
13) Give James his vitamin everyday

Financially
14) Save all our loyalty points (i.e. Boots, Tesco, Nectar, etc) for Christmas time as then Christmas should not cost us anything extra.
15) Be accountable for all purchases that I make.

So there are no new drastic changes, just small changes that should make our lives run a little better and give me more time to spend with Gareth and James.

3 comments:

Vegemite Wife said...

Oooh good list. I'm not active on IN now to limit my internet time. I feel like I'm struggling to relate to many people on there at the moment anyway.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Our blogs are soooo similar in theme! Freaky! But i didn't have household goals...think i'm going to steal your kitchen and washing one...i tend to store the washing for 3days...then have a MOUND of folding to do! On the rare occasion i've done one load it's been a breeze!

Abby said...

Great list! I think we struggle with a lot of the same issues for sure. One of my resolutions last year was to make all of my cleaning products and once you get into the groove, you'll never look back!

Good Luck! I know you can do it! x