Tuesday 25 May 2010

Ice Lollies

Summer days are approaching us now, and we have had lovely sunshine this weekend. It was lovely and hot, and that only means one thing, its time for ice creams. But, Gareth does complain that I give James too much ice cream, so I thought the way to get around this would be to make him some yoghurt ice lollies. Yesterday I went to Poundstretcher and I bought an 8 pack ice lolly mould and then we came home and James helped me make the ice lollies.

We added about 250g mulled strawberries, one banana, a cup of natural yoghurt, 2 spoons of creme fraiche and a few squeezes of honey together and put them all in the blender.

Blended them all together.

Adjusted the taste to suit us. And then I put the smoothie mixture in the mould to freeze (and then in the freezer, duh!)

James drank the left over smoothie mix.


And today he is enjoying the Yoghurt Ice Lollies, and trust me when I say that he really likes it, and Gareth is not complaining.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a good idea!

Vegemite Wife said...

He's getting so much bigger! Must be all that ice cream ;)

Jelena and Mark said...

Sounds yummy!