Sunday 23 May 2010

I am proud of myself...

I have been teaching myself to sew in the evenings while Gareth studies. And to explain my sewing ability, well lets just say that they only subject I failed in school was Needlework, its not a talent that I have. But today I finished my first project all by myself from start to finish.... and this is the result.....



Now we are trying to convince James that he needs to take the romper off. As you can see, there are some threads still hanging off of it, but he loves it. It is a bit wonky and lopsided in places, but I have learnt a lot. Next project is finishing off a Cape for James and then I am making him a Monster Protection Blanket because he has been scared of them a lot lately, and this fear seems to be growing.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute, what a great job! James is going to be one lucky guy with a sewing Mama. Can't wait to see your next projects.

Abby said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I wouldn't even know where to begin making a romper!

Janine said...

Thanks! I must admit that I enjoy it too.

Jelena and Mark said...

Looks great, well done you!

Alanah. said...

Well done! That looks great, you are very talented.