Sunday 25 May 2008

We are eating solids...

So last week Monday I had James weighed for the first time in 3 weeks, he had only picked up 9 ounces in 3 weeks, which the health visitor was not happy with, especially seen as he was feeding from me almost every hour. My child that usually slept through the night was sleeping for 3 hours and then waking up every hour for a feed, so she reckoned that James needed to be weaned onto solids. So, Tuesday, 13 May 2008, we started James on solids. At first we struggled as I was feeding him baby rice, yuck, then tried some homemade purees..... he does not like homemade foods, I gave him a jar of food and he loved it. So, I have just been feeding him bought organic jar food, but tonight I tried to give him some homemade butternut with a little bit of apple to sweeten it, and again he did not like it....... I feel almost rejected....


He is teething quite badly at the moment, and I feel kind of bad for drugging my child twice a day at the moment, but it stops him from being in a very bad mood and then he eats. If he does not have the paracetomal or the Nurofen then he doesn't want to sleep or eat. He has also made a record 5 poo's today, the most ever, he usually only makes one poo a week, not that you probably wanted to know that.


My SIL is now living with us until the New Year, which means that I don't have to go back to work until then, which is great. She also brought her webcam and her microphone with her, so yesterday my parents were able to watch James eat his dinner. I think they loved that.


I am a little annoyed with myself at the moment. Gareth and I have tickets booked to fly home next month and my parents have offered to pay for return tickets for James and I, as we weren't going to go home because we can't afford to pay for return flights. Gareth would not have been able to get enough leave (2 weeks max.), but the plan was then for James and I to possibly go home for a month, but we don't have a passport for James yet, and the South African government is no longer issuing Emergency Passports and the turn around time on a child passport is 4 months. We have filled in the forms, but still need to take his passports photos and get documents certified, so we can't go home..... And I really wanted to introduce James to my Dad, he is the only grandparent that has not met him yet.......


Oh well, Desperate Housewives are going to be starting now......... Have a good week.

No comments: