Thursday 29 May 2008

Ow ow ow......

Tuesday might have been one of the longest days of my life...... James would not nap the whole day. I tried everything to try and get him to sleep, but nothing. Normally if I put him in his buggy and walk fast, he goes to sleep. No, instead he screamed so loud and for so long that he was turning different shades of red and purple and forgot to breathe... great, and can you imagine the looks I got when I needed to go shopping. The people that have never had kids were looking at me as to say "When I have kids, thats not going to happen, what a bad mother", the people who had kids when the dinosaurs roamed the earth looked at me as to say"When my kids were little, children were seen and not heard, they knew their place, what a bad mother", those who had kids with them looked smugly at their sleeping Angels and thought "Naanaah naanahh, my Angel is sleeping, what a bad mother", except for the one mother who looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile..... Thank you, you were all that saved me from bursting into tears myself, well, then at least. After what felt like years, I finally made it home, and James continued to scream, so I drugged him paracetamol in hope of it making him sleep.... nope, no luck. So, by the time Gareth walked in the door I had done nothing the whole day and now had a stream of tears going down my face..... and what did James do..... FREAKING SMILE AT HIS DADDY!!!!! Gareth got more smiles in 3 minutes than I had gotten the whole day..... and then he started screaming some more..... But later, when we tried to put James to bed, he projectile vomited twice across our bed, and then started pulling his body his body stiff and shaping it like a banana.... he had stomach cramps..... so how did James and I sleep? In a sitting up position with me rocking us backwards and forwards.... it helped, except for then feeding in his sleep, he slept until 9am Wednesday morning.

I had my second Chiropractor appointment today, it was my first treatment appt. and I am now sore. She has 3 places on my back to work on , and they are sore. My pelvis is tight, she trying to loosen it up..... but ow ow ow.......She did say I should go home and put an ice pack on it. And when James had his examination, I was told "he is as perfect as they come"..... music to a mothers ears....... But the funny news about going to the Chiropractor? Is that I left there feeling thinner, well, less fat? Strange I know, but then that I am...... a strange person......

No comments: