Friday 24 September 2010

Loosing a bit of myself....

Well, I realise that normally that would be a bad thing, but this is actually a good thing. I have decided (once again) that I am tired of being fat, so I joined Slimming World last week Thursday. It is a lot easier than I thought. At first the 'diet' sounded really complicated, but once I tried it, I can tell you hand over heart that it is the easiest 'diet' I have ever been on. I have not gone hungry once or even felt deprived of anything. In fact on Tuesday night, I accidently found myself eating James' giant chocolate buttons, and I still managed to loose weight this week. I lost 1.14kg's (2.5 lbs) in my first week. I first had mixed feelings about having such a small loss in my first week because when I tried Weight Watchers I lost almost triple that in my first week, but this plan is a lot easier to stick too and there is nothing wrong with a slow loss. The slower you loose it the longer it will stay off. They tell you at Slimming World that nothing banned, and really nothing is banned. I am following the extra easy plan which means that I get Super Free Foods (all raw fruit and most veg), free foods (the rest of the veg, pasta, rice, cous cous, etc, fat free yoghurt, fat free cottage cheese, most meats with the fat cut off), my household basics (i.e. worcestershire sauce). Those foods are all free and I can eat as much of them as I like. I can't cook them in oil, unless I count the oil as syns, but I can use a low calorie spray for free. Then you have an A choice and a B choice you have to have everyday. An A choice is a measured portion of milk or cheese that contains calcuim and a B choice is a measured portion of a cereal, cereal bar, wholemeal bread, etc. It contains fibre. And then you get your syns. You are allowed 5-15 syns a day, and everything else counts as a syn. So I can still have chocolate or crisps or wine or sugar, etc, etc, etc, but I do need to count them.

So as you can see this is not really a diet, but more of a healthy eating plan, its really easy and I am never hungry. I was inspired to join Slimming World because of Gemma. She is a girl that I went to school with, and someone that I consider to be a friend. Gemma lost 32.5kg's (71.5lbs) in 1 year 10 months with them. That to me is absolutely amazing and I am so proud of her. I figure that if she can do it then I can at least attempt it. I need to do something about my weight, especially seen as Gareth and I would like to evenually give James a sibling...... so watch out world I have started.

To help with the weight loss Gareth has also bought me an exercise bike. It is lovely and silent. We got it off Ebay for just £10.50. I have used to it every morning and night since Sunday and can proudly tell you that I am already doing half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evenings. Its great, I just set it up in front of the TV and I cycle my heart out.

Ok, now you all go have a weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Janine! Keep it up! x

andrea said...

Great job Janine, I will be doing something similar in the Spring after this baby comes :) You are doing great!