Wednesday 21 April 2010

Independence

I love that James is getting older, and how well he does things now. His speech is coming along really well. Today he told me that he does not have a bra on (yes, maybe its time for a talk about boys and girls), and 2 nights ago I was running late with getting supper ready when in marches my son and says "Is my supper ready yet?". I was flabbergasted.

He has started to pedal his tricycle and can steer it all by himself, and on Saturday while we were waiting for Gareth in Halfords, James climbed on a 12" bicycle and actually pedalled it around the display all by himself. Lets just say we know what we are getting him for his birthday this year. The bike's age recommendation was from 3-5 years old, and again, I was flabbergasted.

But, with all the up's comes the down's, and while I do understand that it is a good thing, it-is-very-frustrating-thing too. James has started to dress himself. 'No Mommy, James will do it' is what I hear A LOT! He puts on his own trousers, his own socks and his own shoes, and so far he can put his t-shirts on over his head, but does not quite manage to get his arms in. And while this was cute the first 10 times, it is now just very frustrating. But I am lucky because some days he actually lets me choose his clothes, most days he has to choose his own.... and he always wants to wear Green Freaking Trousers, why, I don't know. Except that he only has 1 pair of green trousers and then when I tell him that it is in the wash, he tells me to fix it. 'Fix it Mommy, fix it'. Cheeky sod.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milo has just started to show a preference for certain pieces of clothing over the past month or so. And you're right, it was cute at first, but no more!

And he doesn't ask me to fix his dirty clothes, he just screams!

Jelena and Mark said...

Oh, the joys of toddlers dressing themselves! Mark taught Una which side goes to the front/back by the tag and she now has to tell us that every time she gets dressed. For every single piece of clothing.

Vegemite Wife said...

Very very cute!! You had me giggling all the way through this post. x